Saturday 4 February 2017

Nordland Battle Standard

Here is my Battle Standard for my Nordland army. The figure is the 6th Edition Army Box standard bearer. I replaced the head as I as unsatisfied with the base model. The bare head and shaved sides didn't seem to fit the general aesthetic. I used a 6th edition plastic command head as it had a suitable number of feathers and plumes.



The head was fitted to the gorget and a little more hair sculpted, in a suitable 1520s style, to cover the join. The head may be a little large but I have trouble with scale of the figure and put it down to general inconsistencies with a Citadel figure.

The standard is once again a transfer, as I said before that I am a poor free hand painter. It is once again an Imperial Eagle, I feel that relatively simple and plain designs are the best and are especially well suited to transfers. This eagle is a little more embellished than that used for the greatswords which is rather fitting for a Battle Standard. The transfer is also the first I have done that involved colour. It worked well on the bright, yellow areas but no so well on the blue. I should have anticipated this but I merely went over the image with a suitable colour on the feet and beaks. It seemed to do the trick. Overall I am quite happy with the figure and especially the flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment