Tuesday 22 November 2016

Romano British 10: Finished General and Infantry (sort of).

My Romano-British general and the first six unarmoured infantry are finished! Well apart from the varnishing and basing. I mentioned in one of my previous posts that this would be done soon. However a malfunction with my matte varnish has meant that the can is now unusable and as such the figures cannot be sprayed and therefore not based. I thought I would include these, still technically work in progress figures, regardless.

First of all the Romano-British general. I use the term general here as a catch all term for leader rather than any specific attributation of rank of which Comes or Dux are probably more apt. The figure is mounted on a 40mm round base with his personal vexillarius who has the ever imaginative chi-rho borne on the vexillum. This is mostly because I am a rather poor freehand painter and the simple shapes can be created without much effort.


Ambrosius Dumnonius, Custode of the Sabrina Civitates stands ready.

From the side. I prefer the lighting in this picture.

From the rear.

From the front (again) but at a better angle.

The infantry. Note the different, although similar shields to the cominpulares.

The remaining six unarmoured infantry are in the final stages of painting and should be finished relatively soon. Some work has begun on the mounted general with the horse being almost complete. Hopefully the levies can be started soon as well although doubts of how to paint them still remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment