Friday 25 November 2016

Romano British 11

So I am just under half way through painting my Dux Britainniarum army (I have, however, painted more comanipulares than is required at this stage). This means I have 18 infantry split into three groups of six. One of comanipulares and two of milites/warriors. These are all finished, photographs of the, now based, warriors should hopefully be taken relatively soon. This leaves the three groups of levies, the group of skirmishers and the characters of which three remain (two lesser nobles and the champion). One group of levies is almost done and just requires a few highlights and another has had some base colours blocked in. They have been painted in a non-uniform manner using a limited palette of colours that are found on the other figures but without much added detail. Basically they do not have Late Roman style uniforms but average 'dark age' clothing. In addition to this I have almost finished the first group of four heavy cavalry, these are not for game purposes but more just general completion and enjoyment.

With the release of Blood Bowl 2016 edition I have been inspired my to actually take a few of my teams out and finish painting/converting them. I have five teams: Humans, High Elves, Pro Elves, Dwarfs and Chaos. I favour Humans or High Elves and prefer a more passing style of play as opposed to that of the 'bash'. I am currently working on painting my High Elf team and converting the last few pieces. The figures are a kit bash of the newer High Elf multi-part kits namely White Lions, Shadow Warriors and Phoenix Guard. I will hopefully get a few pictures of the my teams up in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment