Thursday 17 November 2016

Romano-British 8: General and Infantry

My Wargame Foundry replacements arrived in good yesterday, very prompt service. I'm quite happy as it is my favourite Late Roman/Romano-British character. I think it espouses Roman character and generalship more than my other figures which have more action orientated poses (I understand the complexity of 'Romaness' and the challenges in understanding identity of the Late Roman army but this is not the place for such a in depth discussion).

The figures themselves are lovely sculpts done by the Perry's however there is one complaint. They are rather short when compared to other, more modern figures. There are many comparison photographs of the figures available but the difference 'in the flesh' is more striking than what I was expecting. To this end the base on which the general rests has been built up a millimetre or two. However the figure is still smaller in proportion than that his Footsore compadres. This not too much of an issue but I feel that it is worth reiterating for any perspective buyers. 

Find below a few work in progress pictures of both the general and six of the unarmoured infantry. Several of the infantry have had their bare heads swapped out for those available in the West Wind head packs. This was done as I wanted all the figures to be helmeted (or at least wearing a hat). The heads fit rather well in terms of scale and are easy to attach. They are ever so slightly larger but it is almost unnoticeable.

The General and his vexillium. Note the purple for his Imperial connections (or ambitions?)
The Infantry at ease.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment