Wednesday 2 November 2016

Romano British

Just a quick update today as I have not done much wargaming related. I have based a small number of Romano-British Pedites/Pedes that have been sitting around for a quite some time. I have also been reading over a few bits and bobs in regards to the Sub-Roman military and the nature of it's uniformity. This is mostly manifest in the nature of shield designs and the transfers I must purchase (creating my own for these more complicated designs would not be worth while). Little Big Men have a very fine range of shield designs compatible with my Musketeer/Footsore and Gripping Beast figures.

With the new SAGA being released this month it has renewed my possible interest in the game (the last time I played SAGA was in the summer of 2012!). I have, however, also been coming up with stat-lines for a possible LoTR SBG conversion. Such conversions exist for many games and I have been basing a few changes off those from an issue of the Wargames Journal, from 2006, designed for the 9th/10th Centuries. It's only a quick tweak as the rules are mostly fine. I'd like to put my version up as soon as I am happy with it.

Some proof reading and fiddling with Aristeia continues but I currently lack the enthusiasm for Ancient Greece at the moment and as such do not feel compelled to do much with regards to it. I should be back too it relatively soon but it's always fun to do a few different projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment