Tuesday 15 November 2016

Romano-British 7: Completed Armoured Infantry

The armoured Romano-British infantry are now completed! All nineteen (I still need to purchase a few more and to make a banner bearer that is not the draco wielder). I am quite happy with the paint jobs and shields. I am still a little disappointed with the basing but it is something to work on.





The first batch of six unarmoured have also received their washes and well be highlighted later this evening. The levies have finally been undercoated and the bases painted. This means that all the basic infantry for Dux Britianniarum are all at least undercoated.these levies well have a far less uniform appearance when compared to all the other infantry. I do however have a quandary, do I buy them transfers for their shields. There are those varied packs available but I can paint the simpler designs myself. My main concern is the difference in styles between printed and painted.

 Dux Brit also requires a number of character/champion figures. I have a number of characters that I can use for nobles but these are yet to receive any paint. Speaking of characters I received a package from Wargames Foundry with some paint and supposedly some late roman figures. Unfortunately I was sent some earlier Imperial Romans instead of the their later countrymen. This was soon sorted and the actual figures should arrive soon (hopefully tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment