Monday 3 October 2016

Aristeia Greek Update

This is just a small update on the state of my Greek forces.

All of the Athenian band are at least base coated and washed. The elite hoplites/sacred band having received a number of highlights/detailing. Hopefully I can get some more work done on them tonight ready for some pictures tomorrow. I'm not entirely sure how to base them but I'm thinking a relatively pale/arid static grass with similar tufts and olive green clumps. This gives a nice variation in colour but without taking too much away from the figure.

The first test on the transfer paper shall also happen this evening.. Hopefully this combined with the painting means that the first real experiment i.e. the application of the transfer, can take place tomorrow!

In regards to the temple the plans have been sized out and the base has been cut. I may need some more material for the stylobate/stereobate' I'll know when the final measurements are taken and I can check my stocks.

Sorry for the lack of pictures nothing I've done is photogenic or good enough at moment. Check back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment