Tuesday 4 October 2016

Athenian Warband


A small update with a few pictures to my Athenian warband.

A view of the entire warband.
 
The three heroes as a whole I'm reasonably happy with how they've turned out. They're ALMOST complete. A few touch ups here and there and they'll be ready for basing. I'm happy with the figures but I feel I could have done a better job on the painting, it feels rushed and sloppy in places. The bronze armour and the colours used, worked very well, not so much my brushwork. Oh well. These three heroes will also be the test subjects for the first batch of shield transfers. There was some issue with the paper feeding in the printer but overall it worked ok. The images could be better (I'm unsure whether it's due to my printer or the actual image itself) but is it far more competent than I could do freehand.
Heroes, with sacred band to the rear.

The elite hoplites/sacred band are reaching 75% completion, which I'm quite happy with. A few highlights (skin, armour and hair) along with the shield and basing and they'll be done.

The sacred band.

The skrimishers/peltasts have been fully basecoated whereas the lesser hoplites still need the bronze work finishing. These should hopefully be done tonight and some more complete pictures can be posted tomorrow.

Psiloi/Peltasts.



Hoplites.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the idea here. Are you writing your rules currently or is there a copy already out there? Nice armour on the Athenians btw. Vallejo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently writing the rules myself. I hope to have a play test copy available in the next few weeks.

      The armour is actually citadel. Warplock Bronze, Balthazar Gold and Sycorax Bronze with a sepia wash and a final highlight of Sycorax Bronze.

      Thanks for the comments!

      Delete