Friday 7 October 2016

Athenian Warband 2: Completed Heroes!


Finally some completed Greeks! The three Heroes/Champions, the sacred band and the peltasts are complete (aside from the coat of matt varnish). I'm reasonably happy with how they turned out, not my best but decent enough. I'm not a very competent photographer (or really competent anything for that matter!) so the colours seem a little washed out. I think better lighting is needed overall and to invest in some daylight bulbs. About the transfers, they're ok and are far better than what I could achieve free hand but I think my printer and the quality thereof let them down. It might be time to look at a new one if I intend to make more transfers.

Without further ado the completed figures!

The three Heroes!




The Hero Himself

Champion Number 1

Champion Number 2

I could really do with a few names for these chaps. The Hero I was thinking could be called Elpenor as the tale of his misfortune of falling off a roof always amused me. The champions however I am at a loss, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

The Sacred Band



Peltasts

All that remains for the warband is the ten remaining hoplites to be finished. They are currently about half way tthrough the first lot of highlights. I hopeto have them (and therefore the whole gang) done over the weekend. In Spartan news they have been undercoated and will also hopefully be basecoated/washed if I can find the time.

2 comments:

  1. I see what you mean about the printer and that's a shame, however they still look fantastic for home made transfers i must say. I may have to try this myself as i find I can spend more on transfers as i do on the models themselves! Keep up the good work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for simple shapes/colours it should be ok. I also saved a great deal of money with these transfers as for 18ish Athenian owls would be at LEAST thirty pounds and thank you very much for the kind words!

      Delete