Wednesday 19 October 2016

New Arrivals and Comic!

So I had some much appreciated packages arrive today, although still no tiling materials which is a shame.

Anyway some more Greek sprues arrived for another (yes, another!) warband. These are a set of Victrix Theban Hoplites and one each of the unarmoured and skirmishers. The Thebans are  pretty much the same as all the other sets outside of the heads (all Boeotian helmets) and the differing cloak. I'd like to get some archer figures for this warband as I intend for them to be dedicated to Artemis. It'd be more focused on lighter hoplites and missile fire than the Athenians and Spartans. Having looked at the available figures Wargames Foundry seem to be the best in terms of quality although Warlord do some decent figures.



The sprues. From left to right; unarmoured hoplites, Theban hoplites and skirmishers


The four figures (two sets of two) for the pedimental sculptures have been completed and will be duly attached once the roof is completed. I do not want to attach them yet incase they are damaged while it is handled during the tiling process. Some 15mm Greeks were also ordered for smaller sculptures towards the corners. The spare figures will be used in my 15mm Massalian Greek army but that's for another time.

Will of Iron issue #1

And finally a comic. Yes, yes it is Warhammer 40,000 I know but I still like the odd bit of it here and there. it also happens to be the first Games Workshop comic published in, I think, around six years. As a fan of the former Warhammer Monthly and Inferno (and even some of the BOOM! stuff) I had to get this. I haven't opened it yet but I will let you know my thoughts once it is read.

P.S. The overview of Aristeia is now up. Let me know what you thin any feed back is welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment