Sunday 30 October 2016

Centaurs and Greek Archers.

A general update after a relatively busy and hobby free weekend.

Painting has started once again on the Spartan warband after a brief hiatus. The four swordsmen are about halfway done, having received a few highlights and should be done tomorrow night.

My main focus has been looking at archers for the construction of the Theban/Artemis warband. I am not very impressed with the Warlord offerings and the Victrix plastics seem a little stilted. My preference seems to be Foundry although I am a little worried about scale and matching my existing figures. I am also a little hesitant to order as I only require one or two blisters. I normally like placing quite large orders so as to not be devastated by shipping charges.

In the near future both centaurs and satyrs will be made/converted. The satyrs are being sourced from a friends Beastman army. The centaurs require a little more work. There are some Mantic figures that do not look too bad but I am more inclined to convert some using some spare Perry horses and the Victrix hoplites. I'm not a very confident green stuff user but the majority should be smoothing and filling rather than sculpting.

The terrain progress is halted at the moment as I require some more materials, mostly basing MDF as I have a very small amount left that limits the size of terrain pieces that can be created.

No comments:

Post a Comment