Sunday 23 October 2016

Future Terrain Projects

With the temple now being completed I'm thinking about other terrain projects for Aristeia. A few houses/farmsteads, walls, olive groves and rocky outcrop would be pretty common and are on the to do list. However, I would like to do something a bit more involved/interesting in the similar vein as the temple. Possibly something like an earlier tomb or some bronze statues/agora style areas would be interesting to build and, more importantly, interesting to from a wargaming perspective (both visually and gameplay-wise).

Painting of the remaining members of the Spartan warband has stalled. Partly because of the concerted efforts on the temple and partly due to limited enthusiasm for them as a whole. Hopefully I'll get excited for them relatively soon. I don't like to force myself to paint figures as 1) it means I'll do a relatively poor job 2) I might start resenting the project as a whole and that means it'll be even worse for seeing it through to completion. So I shall wait a little while and focus on the terrain instead.

I backed the War and Empire kickstarter a few years ago for their 15mm ancients figures. I have a small 3rd Century BC Roman force as well as a slightly larger Gallic army. These have mostly sat in their respective packets these last few years. However I am getting a little more interested in doing something with them. Having picked up a few 15mm Greeks for the temple I'm tempted to try and create a army for the Greek state of Massalia. This would give an interesting mix of Gallic and Greek equipment/troops that's pretty much unseen anywhere else. To this end I shall be purchasing Archaeologies of Colonials: Consumption, Entanglement, and Violence in Ancient Mediterranean France by Michael Dietler. 

Hopefully In the next few days I shall get some pictures posted of the terrain or, at the very least, some concepts for my intended pieces.




No comments:

Post a Comment