Thursday 13 October 2016

Temple and Thoughts

Just a small update today to show how the temple is coming along. The cella and columns are in place and look reasonable. There was some warpage of the foamboard for the cella but it does not look too bad. Not much more can be done until some more materials arrive. The biggest step will be the roof tiles. I am probably going to create them myself using regular card rather than using (the albeit better quality) printed plasticard for cost reasons.

Find a few work in progress pics below. The stone effect for the floor is the next thing to be done when the cella is dry. This was also the first use of my new anglepoise lamp and daylight bulbs.

My Greek temple

From the side

From the front


After having read The Men Who Would be Kings some more I think that it is a perfectly fine ruleset and I hope to try it out soon. I do however have one gripe, and that is the lack of individual characters. The characters (Leaders in game terms) are ALWAYS in a unit which seems rather limiting in terms of narrative/campaign possibilties but far easier for gameplay purposes. It's only minor complaint but I thought it worth mentioning. Hopefull I'll be able to get a hold of Studio Tomahawk's CONGO soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment