Thursday 27 October 2016

Greek Mythological Frostgrave

Having just picked up this months Wargame, Soldiers and Strategy (WSS) I was pleasantly surprised to find that it had a Greek Mythological modification for the game Frostgrave. while owning a copy of Frostgrave and enjoying what the game does (it being a campaign focused skirmish game) I have yet to play it.

The modification itself comes from the same 'place' or thought process that Aristeia does with a focus on heroes and the divine assistance/parentage they received. As per Frostgrave the game is much smaller in scale and (to an extent) less in depth/detailed than Aristeia, It seems to have a nice selection of skills and characteristics for various mythical creatures as well as a selection of scenarios. I look forward to trying out the modification and seeing how it interprets the same source material as I am using in Aristeia. Hopefully I can put a report up if I find time to play a game soon!

I also received a copy of Robert Graves' The Greek Myths. This is a collection (surprisingly) of Greek Myths and should come in handy when looking at campaign ideas, abilities scenarios for Aristeia.


On the terrain front I have a general plan for the houses and ideas for hills/cliffs. All that is required is some more materials, notably foamboard and possibly cork bark for the cliffs although foam could be carved to make rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment