Saturday 8 October 2016

Spartan Warband and Thoughts


Work on the Spartan warband continues a-pace with them being based and base coated this evening. Hopefully some pictures will be up tomorrow although they currently are not  much to look at. Being a slightly smaller warband with a greater focus on elites means I should spend a little while making each figure more unique but given Spartan uniformity I'm not entirely sure how to do this.

The 10 remaining Athenian hoplites are also making steady progress with a number of highlights being applied, they are not too far away from receiving their shield transfers. That would mean one fully completed warband!

I'm still currently reading 'Men of Bronze' (although I haven't given it as much attention as I should). It has given some very good insights although it has raised a few more questions than it has answered. Hopefully when I've finished all the articles I shall have a synthesis posted!  

With the work on the miniatures nearing completion its time to start thinking about the new warbands and the thorough play-testing of Aristeia. My initial thoughts are two distinct forces; one of Thessalians with a number of cavalry units and a force of Thracians for a skirmisher focused force. Both will give rather differing play styles from that of the Athenian or Spartans and that's before the dedications to any deity and the abilities offered have been factored in. More thoughts and possible miniatures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment