Thursday 20 October 2016

Temple Part 5

The tiling has now been completed for the temple roof. I gave up waiting for the plasticard (sometimes I am rather impatient) and instead made do with corrugated cardboard for the tiles. This has then been edged with cut up straws and covered in a very watered down filler for texture. I don't think it looks too bad and when painted should do the job.






 The pedimental sculpture has also been completed and added as well. There are two sets of 28mm figures; two individuals in hoplite equipment standing and two individuals engaged in combat. There is no story for these scenes I merely used what figures I had available although I am tempted to write a small story about them and the possible connections to the foundation of the temple (it's not dedicated to a particular god at the moment). There are also two 15mm on each side that help fill up a little space. The figures used are Victrix (28mm) and War and Empire (15mm).




The temple roof is not yet attached as it still (clearly) needs to be painted. When completed the standing figures will be above the entrance and the fighting pair to the rear. Hopefully I can get started on a few other terrain pieces soon (once the Spartans are done of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment