Saturday 15 October 2016

Temple part 3 and Spartans

More work has been done on the temple today with its lower half being based and painted. This happened a lot sooner and did not take as long as I actually initially expected. It was mostly a case of 'why not'. It is partly due to the fact that the roofing materials did not arrive today and because of that time I had set aside for making roof tiles was suddenly available.





The temple turned out a little yellower than I expected, partly due to the Army Painter Desert Yellow with which it was primed (this was a an unexpected find in the garage!). It was dry brushed with Vallejo Sand Yellow, Dark Sand and finally Pale Sand. Overall it doesn't look too shabby and I look forward to getting the roof done next week.

Spartan Psiloi almost complete!


The Heroes still have a ways to go.
I thought I should at least include some pictures of the Spartans as proof that they are still being worked on. The skirmishers only need the shield rims done (I only noticed they weren't done when taking the photo) and then they can be based. Whereas the Heros still need some more work.

At some point in the future I intend to put up an introduction to ARISTEIA (the wargame I am currently working on) as a number of people have expressed interest. This introduction will involve just a general description of the game and core concepts as well as my thought process and design philosphy. I hope you find it useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment