Monday 31 October 2016

Centaurs Part 2 and Spartans

So far three centaurs are currently being worked on. They are made from a mixture of Perry medieval horses (the only ones I had spare) with the harness removed and Victrix plastic bodies for the human half.

The three Centaurs

Centaur 1

Centaur 2

Centaur 3, from the side showing the join.

These are still very much work in progress. Green stuff has been used to fill the gap between the human and horse halves. It has mostly been sculpted as some kind of cloth/shirt (although some pteruges have been done as well). I am unsure exactly why centaurs would need covering there but it helps me fill the gap and I find it a little easier than sculpting horse musculature! I'm not a very comfortable green stuff user but I think I've done a reasonable job with the cloth. It still needs a little smoothing out and tidying up here and there but on the whole is acceptable.

I have also added some longer hair to the back of the centaurs helmets. Centaurs are meant to be wild/barbaric creatures and are depicted with wild shaggy manes so I thought it was fitting that the figures looked the part as well.

The horse parts of the centaurs need to be dealt with as well. The tackle has only been roughly cut off/filed away so needs some more smoothing/green stuffing. That will take place tomorrow once the human half has dried.

Spartan Hoplites with Kopis and Xiphos.

Here is a little update on some of the Spartan hoplites. They are still being worked on but are not too far away from completion. A few more highlights and tidying up and they should be good to go. I need to look at the warbands shields. I am unsure whether to create the characteristic lambda myself or use commercial transfers. I will probably do it myself if I can resolve a few printing issues.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt hiện nay.

    ReplyDelete